Thursday, March 15, 2018

Happy Birthday using Sparkle Dot Patterns 2

I'm back today with another card using the new Sparkle Dot Patterns 2 set from Pretty Pink Posh along with the new jewels as I'm loving them. Here, I made a different flower and created a birthday card for one of my friends at work.

Again, I started with an A2 size card base and penciled in two lines, both horizontal and vertical using the middle as a guide. For this flower, I placed the one petal on top of the horizontal line on top and than the other petals next to them.

I ended up added a pencil dot approx 1/2" above the center line to help see where I wanted the steam to start.

From there, I drawed in a steam by curving it and stamped down the leaves using the new Cherry Blossoms set with Antique Linen Distress ink as I was planning on coloring using my copic markers.

Next, I removed one petal and stamped using a light grey ink (fog-SSS) and repeated the process until the four petals were done. From there, I erased all pencil lines before adding the jewels.  

Afterwards, I placed one of the flowers from the new Bunny Friends set on top of the petals and colored it yellow to add a Lemon Drop jewel in the center.

To color in the steam and leaves, I used my copic markers as I wanted to practice no line coloring. Next, I used the Happy Easter Script die to cut out the word "HAPPY" four times to stack them together since I wanted to add some dimension. Afterwards, I pulled out the Fox Friends stamp set to use the word "BIRTHDAY".

Last but not least, I used these fabulous new jewels in Watermelon, Pansy Purple, and Shamrock for the leaves at the bottom. 

SUPPLIES:

No comments:

Post a Comment