Monday, February 5, 2018

Birthday Friends with Bee Friends

Have you ever started a card with something in mind and than at the end it turned out totally different? Well, that's what happened to me on this card. 

Joining another day of Kathy's 30 day color challenge. All the details on her blog, The Daily Marker. Lots of fun. Also, joining one more time over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge of Anything Goes this week.

I couldn't resist but to use this new Birthday Friends set again from Pretty Pink Posh as I love it. Also, it's easy to cut them out when using the Coordinating Die which came in handy when I kept changing my mind and adding more balloons. 

For this card, I used Distress Oxide inks again as I'm having fun playing with them. To create the background, I used: (Bottom to top) Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade, Fossilized Amber, Peeled Paint, Peacock Feathers.

Copic colors used:
Balloons: RV29, RV25, RV21, Y17, Y15, Y11, BG49, BG15, BG10
Bees: C9, c7, C5, C3, Y17, Y15, Y11
Outfit: BG49, BG15, BG10    Hair: E18, E15, YR21 

To blend the inks colors together, I used a foam blending tool from ranger and tried Stratmore Bristol smooth paper this time. I love how the color goes on this paper.

As I mentioned, I was playing around and decided to add some curved stripes to the background, so I pulled out the Stacked Edges 1 and die cut three to add to this card. 

Also, I thought these adorable Bee Friends would be cute to add to the scene and let me say, the Coordinating die for this set was beyond helpful. Especially cutting the tiny little bees.

Last but not least, I added some 4mm Sparkling clear sequins to add a little sparkle and added foam mount tape to pop up the little girl and bees. The balloons were glued down directly to the base. 

Main Supplies:

1 comment:

  1. Liz I really love this, your inking is amazing and who can resist that cutie.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete